Translate

Saturday, September 4, 2010

earthquake

I arrived in Singapore to news of the Christchurch earthquake. In the same email, and in subsequent checking it seems that there have been no deaths. Thanks be to God.

As I have seen some of the images I am aware of the huge anxiety that many people in the city, particularly those who are elderly and / or living alone, must be feeling in these hours.

At times of tragedy people often united and are especially supportive and caring, particularly for those in greatest need. May this be the case in these hours.

I have had a number of emails from around the world in the past few hours. They assure me of their prayer for all those who are suffering in Christchurch because of the earthquake.

God willing, I will be home in 12 hours.



No comments:

Post a Comment