Translate

Saturday, June 19, 2010

TGIF

This afternoon the "Thank God it's Friday" call was all over the Liturgical Institute. The week has been full and challenging. The exam this morning was tougher than any of us expected. Monday morning will tell just how prepared I was when the results arrive.

I recall one of our teachers in seminary quoting St Paul at exam time: 'the sufferings of this time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed.' (Romans 8:18). I'm a person of faith so I do know this. However in the midst of what (albeit irrationally) feels like a great anxiety, it is easy to lose touch with this reality.

I realised after the exam that, even though the chapel tower clock chimes only a hundred yards from the exam room, I heard it chime only once during the exam. As I mentioned in an earlier blog, the clock chiming the passing of every fifteen minutes, can be heard all over the campus. This ring has been a regular reminder of the reality of God present since I arrived at Mundelein. How easy it is to loose touch with what brings the greatest peace, in the midst of anxiety.

Last night a few of us went out for a meal. It was good to have a change of environment with a beer and good company.

Saturday is a little more relaxed - although we have a paper due Monday and that will take a bit of work.

Please keep me in your prayer. I pray every day for every reader of this blog - I know there are at least three of you!

(I tried to upload this last night but the Internet was down. My plan is to upload a new note each morning NZ time)

No comments:

Post a Comment