Translate

Thursday, May 5, 2011

John Paul II, William & Kate

Many people I know watched and enjoyed the royal wedding. A number of people I know even had royal wedding parties. However I know a number of Catholics who did not celebrate the beatification of John Paul. Their reasons; they said that John Paul held on to antiquated ideas and did not help the church to move forward.

So why is it that these same people party with the prince and his bride? I have no difficulty with the monarchy, but I am surprised that intelligent people ignore issues in the monarchy that they cannot cope with in the Church.

A couple of obvious examples: 
  • if William had been born a female he would not be the second in line to the throne. 
  • If Catherine Middleton were Catholic, William would have had to renounce his right of succession to marry her.

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment