Translate

Thursday, January 5, 2012

packing

I am only one person living in a couple of rooms. Yet packing is a nightmare. I cannot imagine how an entire family moves.

A couple of weeks ago a family of new parishioners who had just made a move gave me advice. They said "throw out throw out throw out."  So I ordered a skip.  But it is hard to throw out. 'I just might need this one day'...

One of the time consuming (time wasting) pleasures of clearing up and packing is discovering bits and pieces that have many memories. Today I discovered a little stash of significant letters dating back 30 years. I sit back and savour. An hour or two passes easily and no packing is done.

And I also discovered a cd. Do you remember this?


When I moved to Sockburn, Encarta was the best resource I had. It was given as a part of the start-up package to every PC purchaser.

How quickly everything has changed.  Even Wikipedia (the online informal encyclopaedia makes Encarta look like a pre-school reader.

Just another reminder of how much everything has changed in the years I have been at Sockburn.

Now, this blogging is a distraction.  Back to the packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment