Translate

Monday, February 27, 2012

a sunday in the life...

A few blog-readers have asked about my shift from the city to the country. They seem surprised both at the shift, and also surprised that I am enjoying it. 

It is true that the shift was a major one for me.  But I also have no doubt that God has led me to North Canterbury. I am very happy to be here.

The people of each of the seven church communities have been very welcoming. It is a privilege to serve as the parish priest of the Hurunui parishes.


On Saturday and Sunday I travelled over 500 kms to celebrate the Masses, and for the first meeting of the Transition Committee, formed to oversee the formation of the present three North Canterbury parishes into one new Hurunui parish.


I am sure that there is no priest in the world who travels through more beautiful scenery to celebrate weekend Masses.  You can be the judge:



















No comments:

Post a Comment