Translate

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

M.A.S.H.


The T.V. series M.A.S.H. is accepted by many as one of the greatest TV series of all time.  I have little doubt that this will still be the case in 50 years.

I am biased due to my addiction to M.A.S.H. re-runs. I have seen all of the episodes at least a dozen times.

Perhaps the reason for the success of the series is that it deals with reality (the Korean war in the early 1950's) in such a way that all aspects of that tragic human reality are visible. The Comedy channel plays reruns as comedy. But the series also has as much drama, tragedy and documentary as the best of any other channel.

The series is on my mind especially this week as I watched the episode of the happy departure and tragic death of Henry Blake.

And also on my mind because I read this article on a silent and tragic aspect of war. Tap here to read.


Let's offer a prayer tonight for all who die as a result of war. And, as Hawkeye and the team often remind us; we long for peace.  Tonight, let's pray for peace in every part of the world torn apart by war.

Below; some M.A.S.H. clips.








No comments:

Post a Comment