Translate

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Monday morning

It is Monday morning, the last week of classes. Both papers are almost complete ( a couple of hours this afternoon will finish them. On Thursday I have the final exam and on Friday we depart.

It is 6.30am and I am just back from a stroll around the campus. This has become a regular pattern of these study days - and (despite holy hours) I have been waking without an alarm soon after 5 every morning. The three hours before classes gives good time for prayer and some study.

The bells still ring (ref an earlier blog) calling us to prayer every fifteen minutes. Throughout these weeks I have associated this call to prayer with three groups of people and whenever I hear the bell I remember these groups in prayer: the parishioners of St Therese of Lisieux Chatham Islands, Our Lady of Victories Sockburn, and all readers of this blog. Every Sunday I offer Mass for both parishes, and this afternoon (Tuesday 10am NZ time I will offer Mass as I often do for the intentions of all readers of the blog). You can help by becoming aware of your prayer intention. God will make the link with me and my prayer is then for your intention.

No comments:

Post a Comment