Translate

Saturday, June 8, 2013

angry birds

This post will make no sense to those who haven't discovered the computer game "Angry Birds."


I've had a bit of free time today and rediscovered the game. Very soon, once again, I was hooked. 

I haven't played for a few months, since my last addicted bout. At that time I had only recently discovered the game and was having very little luck progressing through the levels.  

Then a friend saw me playing and politely told me that if I tapped the bird soon after launching it would explode and cause much more damage to the pigs. Sadly the same thing happened today. I had forgotten the tapping bit and another friend gave me the same lesson. (I think he has studied the game a lot more than most).

It left me wondering how many other things I struggle with simply because I had not asked advice, or been willing to share my frustration. Without my friends' advice I would still be struggling with Angry Birds, but now I am flying through the levels, completely oblivious to the feelings of the helpless little pigs.

That's enough reflection, now back to the game!




No comments:

Post a Comment