Translate

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Hearts Aflame update

I have spent the past couple of days with 135 young people, aged between 18 & 35.  They are from all over New Zealand, and have gathered for ten days of intensive formation in all things Catholic.

My mission was to lead the Hearts Aflame retreat days that begin their time together.

My brief time with the group was an inspiring experience for me. These young people are giving ten days of their summer vacation to live an intensive experience of faith. 

The Mass is the heart of each day. Morning and Evening Prayer and Compline are prayed together. These is daily Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament and Benediction, Rosary, Lectures on all aspects of Catholic life, and a social life that is unmatched anywhere!

While I head home today, the group will be together for another week. Keep them in prayer. You can follow the Hearts Aflame updates at their Facebook page.

No comments:

Post a Comment